Get the most updated and recent current affair content on

CEC Kargil initiates distribution of Solar Water Heaters to beneficiaries procured under Subsidy Component

  • Integrity Education, Delhi
  • 22, Apr 2022
Image Not Found

Chairman and Chief Executive Councillor of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Kargil Feroz Ahmad Khan initiated the distribution of Solar Water Heaters to beneficiaries procured under Subsidy Component. Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Khan said that the use of Solar Water Heaters will help in saving tonnes of carbon dioxide ultimately helping in making Ladakh UT a Carbon Neutral Region, which is the dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He further said that not only the Solar Water Heater, but the LAHDC has also kept many other renewable energy devices within the Subsidy Scheme, such as Solar Street Light, Solar High Mast and Solar Home Lighting System.

Mr. Khan highlighted that the renewable energy devices and systems distributed by KREDA are purely eco-friendly, boosting the economy apart from living a healthy and comfortable life.

LAHDC is committed and targeted to make the region Carbon Neutral by the year 2050 and this year again such renewable energy systems shall be proposed under subsidy and other relevant schemes, to be distributed among the public, he added.

LAHDC-Kargil had proposed Solar Water Heaters of 100 and 200 LPD to procure and provide under subsidy scheme through Councillors quota procured by Kargil Renewable Energy Development Agency. The scheme had to be implemented on the basis of 25:75 share where under the 25 per cent cost of the Solar Water Heaters has to be borne by the beneficiary while as the rest 75 per cent cost has been sanctioned under the scheme.

Project Director and CEO, KREDA Kacho Ahmed Khan thanked the CEC, Executive Councilors, Councilors and other dignitaries and guests and also expressed his gratitude to Kargil Deputy Commissioner Santosh Sukhadeve for keeping their faith over KREDA for execution of the scheme and it was assured to complete the scheme successfully.

Sources : News on Air