Fortnight Reader (Current Affair Journal) on COVID-19 : CORONA VARIOUS
1. What is Infectious Disease?
2. Infectious Diseases in recent Years?
3. What is Coronavirus?
4. Types of Coronavirus?
5. Emergence of COVID-19?
6. Symptoms of COVID-19?
7. Precautious of COVID-19?
8. Myths and Truths about COVID-19
9. Role of Government in During the Pandemic-
10. Application and Portals Launched for controlling
11. Relief Services for COVID-19 in India
12. Difficult terms in Current pandemic
13. Pandemic affect on Globalisation
The pandemic has always been a cause of destruction in all over the world; from the first ever recorded 6th Century Justinian plague which killed almost 50 million populations across the globe and there were approximate 100 million people died in 1918 from influenza even though the very effective vaccine was the available since 1796, it has been observed that all the communicable diseases are deadlier than any non-communicable diseases, the WHO report 1996 says that at least 30 new diseases have been emerged from last 20 years among which many are not curative or their treatment is still not available.
• Infectious diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi; the diseases can be spread, directly or indirectly, from one person to another. Zoonotic diseases are infectious diseases of animals that can cause disease when transmitted to humans.
Infectious Diseases in recent Years:
• In past few years the world has faced many infectious diseases like Ebola Virus, Zika Virus, SARS and MERS. The latter two “Severe Acute Respiratory Syndromes (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) were more critical and the warning for upcoming pandemic, these two were spread over the 29 and 27 countries respectively around the world. These two had similar sources in their origin that were from animal to human, virus named coronaviruses.
What is Coronavirus:
– The Coronaviruses are common in different animals and rarely, an animal coronavirus can infect humans although there are many different kind of Coronaviruses and some of them can cause colds or other mild respiratory (nose, throat, lung) illnesses. But SARS and MERS have been more serious
and deadlier diseases.
– The name of Coronaviruses is, because of its microscopic appearance through which it looks as they are covered with pointed structures that surround them or as the crown like spikes on its surface makes it look like corona or crown.
Types of Coronavirus:
• In the mid-1960s the first Human coronaviruses was identified and the researches four major sub-groups of Coronaviruses have been identified named “Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta”.
The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:
i. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
ii. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
iii. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
iv. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
vii. SARS – CoV -2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)